I just created an ISO of lubuntu Lucid for testing purpose. But before starting to download it, please read the following “release notes” :
* Using lxdm instead of gdm This ISO uses a not-yet-in-the-official-repository version of lxdm, thedisplay manager of LXDE instead of gdm. I would like to test the stateof it and if it’s possible to include it in Lubuntu.
* Doesn’t have utilities (manage users, network etc …) It’s a bug in gnome-system-tools (see bug 497441 ) which bring all GNOME packages as depends. It was temporarily removed from the seed.
* Doesn’t have an installation icon See previous point, it’s the same problem.
* Can’t use synaptic, or any applications using gksu It’s a problem in lxdm, not creating an .Xauthority file. To workaround it, you can do in a terminal “startx”, which should crash but create the necessary file. It’s something to fix before trying to include lxdm.
* No customization, looks like a Ubuntu CD Yes, I know. Artwork welcome 🙂
So, as everyone is warned, there is the link : ISO: http://people.ubuntu.com/~gilir/lubuntu-lucid-20091220.iso
Last note, this ISO was created “by-hand” (mean by using chroot/mksquashfs/mkisofs), because building with official architecture is currently blocked (space problem on the server).
Happy testing 🙂