Download lubuntu, a fast and lightweight operating system based on Linux and Ubuntu. Lubuntu uses LXDE and a selection of light applications. It focuses on speed and energy-efficiency. Because of this, Lubuntu has very low hardware requirements.
Version 17.10 was respun as it was not suitable for this install as the BIOS gets corrupted due to Intel SPI bug in kernel. Read more on Phoronix and check if your machine could be affected in the bug issue.
Download through Torrent Magnet Link: lubuntu Magnet/Torrent
Choosing the right version:
- 64-bit version suitable for PCs with Intel or AMD chip.
- 32-bit version, for most PCs older than 2007.
- PowerPC version for Apple Macintosh G3/G4/G5 and IBM OpenPower, please choose Long Term Support (LTS) version below.
- Mac64 version for Intel Macs, 2006 and beyond, please use the 64-bit version.
- For low-RAM (less than 700 MB) PCs use the Alternate versions with a smaller set of applications.
Download Raspberry Pi 2 & 3 Version (16.04)
This image was created using the Ubuntu Pi Flavour Maker. For the Raspberry Pi 2 the microSDHC I/O throughput is a bottleneck. Recommended: Use a Class 6 or Class 10 microSDHC card. More information here.
Download Version 16.04.3 LTS
The Longterm Support (LTS) version.
lubuntu Desktop 32-bit | Magnet/Torrent
lubuntu Desktop 64-bit | Magnet/Torrent
lubuntu Desktop PowerPC | Magnet/Torrent
lubuntu Alternate 32-bit | Magnet/Torrent
lubuntu Alternate 64-bit | Magnet/Torrent
lubuntu Alternate PowerPC | Magnet/Torrent
Note: some versions, like PowerPC or Alternate, may be older releases.