Download lubuntu, a fast and lightweight Linux operating system. Lubuntu uses LXDE/LXQT and a selection of light applications. It focuses on speed and energy-efficiency. Because of this, Lubuntu has very low hardware requirements.
Previous Alternate Images
Choosing the right version:
- 64-bit version suitable for PCs with Intel or AMD chip.
- 32-bit version, for most PCs older than 2007.
- PowerPC version for Apple Macintosh G3/G4/G5 and IBM OpenPower, please choose Long Term Support (LTS) version below.
- Mac64 version for Intel Macs, 2006 and beyond, please use the 64-bit version.
- For low-RAM (less than 700 MB) PCs use the Alternate versions with a smaller set of applications.
Download Raspberry Pi 2 & 3 Version (16.04)
This image was created using the Ubuntu Pi Flavour Maker. For the Raspberry Pi 2 the microSDHC I/O throughput is a bottleneck. Recommended: Use a Class 6 or Class 10 microSDHC card. More information here.
Download Version 16.04.3 LTS
The Longterm Support (LTS) version.
lubuntu Desktop 32-bit | Magnet/Torrent
lubuntu Desktop 64-bit | Magnet/Torrent
lubuntu Desktop PowerPC | Magnet/Torrent
lubuntu Alternate 32-bit | Magnet/Torrent
lubuntu Alternate 64-bit | Magnet/Torrent
lubuntu Alternate PowerPC | Magnet/Torrent
Note: some versions, like PowerPC or Alternate, may be older releases.