LXDE and Debian have been accepted as a mentoring organizations for Google Summer of Code 2010. This is great news for lubuntu, which uses LXDE and shares a lot (Code, packaging systems etc.) with Debian. lubuntu will profit from the development of LXDE and Debian directly. The lubuntu project is looking forward to a great summer with more people joining.
For Debian: Please check out the project information on the Debian wiki page here: http://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2010 . Debian IRC on irc.oftc.net #debian
For LXDE: Please propose ideas for the program on the LXDE idea page. Students wishing to apply, please check out the Student Check List in the wiki and join irc.oftc.net #lxde for discussions. A Chinese channel is open on irc.oftc.net #lxde-zh. A German channel is available at #lxde-de. The LXDE mailing list is here: https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/lxde-list
The application period starts on March 29, 2010.
* LXDE Idea Page: http://wiki.lxde.org/en/Google_Summer_of_Code_2010
* LXDE Blog post: http://blog.lxde.org/?p=661
* GSoC program: http://socghop.appspot.com/
* Accepted Organization: http://socghop.appspot.com/gsoc/program/accepted_orgs/google/gsoc2010
* Mailing List: https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/lxde-list
* Debian Overview Page: http://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2010
* Debian Applying: http://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2010/Applying