Julien Lavergne has released Lubuntu Lucid Beta 2. Don't forget that it's build with Ubuntu Lucid (10.04) which is still in Beta state of development, so same warnings :
"Pre-releases of Lucid are *not* encouraged for anyone needing a stable system or anyone who is not comfortable running into occasional, even frequent breakage. They are, however, recommended for Ubuntu developers and those who want to help in testing, reporting, and fixing bugs."
We passed Feature Freeze, that mean most of the features should now be available. It's now time for testing and fixing bugs.
== New stuff since Beta 1 ==
* Auto-login at install time
* Support encrypted home directory
* Up-to-date lxdm, libfm and pcmanfm2
== Specific Lubuntu changes ==
Lubuntu still contains modifications not available in the official repository, you can see them in the Lubuntu PPA  :
- New pcmanfm2 and libfm (LP: #523433)
- lubuntu-default-settings with pcmanfm2 support
- Fix for blurry shutdown-icon from elementary-icons (LP: #527345)
- Autologin support in ubiquity (LP: #546445)
- New lxdm
== Testing needed ==
I'll appreciate some feedbacks about the followings recent additions :
- pcmanfm2, the new filemanager, is still in beta state. Please report bugs on
- The new lxdm may fixed some issue regarding the keyring and PAM support, but it needs more tests.
== Known bugs ==
* If you test on a USB, the first screen will freeze for a moment when you click on "Try Lubuntu ...". Just wait, it will continue as normal.
* See also https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/SubTeams/TestingSubTeam
== Reporting bugs ==
Bug reported during testing : https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/SubTeams/TestingSubTeam
If you want to create a bootable usb system, please use the usb creator directly on Ubuntu. Please follow the testing process described on this page: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/SubTeams/TestingSubTeam . You can also report problems and bugs relative to the tests on this page.