The final beta of Lubuntu 13.04 has been released. As with all alphas and betas they are not suitable for a production environment. This Beta2 testing release of Lubuntu contains:
- Updated kernel (3.8 series).
- New theme (Artwork).
- New installer slide show (Desktop install).
- 1st Beta release of armhf+ac100.
Images can be downloaded here:
The desktop image allows you to try Lubuntu without changing your computer at all, and at your option to install it permanently later. This type of image is what most people will want to use. You will need at least 384MiB of RAM to install from this image.
Alternate install image
The alternate install image allows you to perform certain specialist installations of Lubuntu. It provides for the following situations:
- setting up automated deployments;
- upgrading from older installations without network access;
- LVM and/or RAID partitioning;
- installs on systems with less than about 384MiB of RAM (although note that low-memory systems may not be able to run a full desktop environment reasonably).
- In the event that you encounter a bug using the alternate installer, please file a bug on the debian-installer package.